Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Routine? What Routine?

I know, I know. I need to give myself some time! It has only been 15 days that Lilly and I have spent together. And each day is a new adventure. Each day, I think, "Oh, I understand now" and each day, I am surprised to know just how wrong I am.

Last night was tough. I believe the books call it cluster feeding. She ate every hour and REFUSED to sleep. Yeah. I got a full hour of sleep last night. So napping has been happening today.
I am feeling like a slug, but it is necessary. An exhausted me, is a cranky cranky emotional me!

We got to go to the bank and to Sams today. The lady at the check out counter did not approve of a two week old baby being out and about and shopping. I say retail therapy for mommy and Nana!

It was good and we were back just in time for another feeding.

We have a few visitors scheduled tomorrow.
I am exctied about that!
:)

Dear Lillian,
I love you even when you are cranky. Even when you are crying and fussy. Even when you are hungry and I don't think I have another drop of milk to give you. I love you anyway. Don't doubt that I will remind you of this one day when you are a teenager, but I want you to know I DO love you now.
No matter what!