Monday, October 5, 2009

The day at school

It was quite the emotional day for me but Lils did GREAT. She didn't cry once. At least not that I know of.
I can remember, as a teacher, not liking those lingering emotional parents. Those that wanted to stay all day and cry and get upset. Yeah, I would kindly say, "ok mom. She is good. You can go now" Well, I was now one of those moms! And Ms Myrtle kindly got me out the door and to work. I got there early thinking I would spend some time there. I got in my car and realized that I had only spent 6 actual minutes in the room. oh my! Ms Myrtle is good!


I did get to the car and cry a little bit about leaving her. It was hard. I finally got myself together, when I got a text from Billy asking me if I was ok. More tears.

Allison met me at the car with a vase of flowers. So sweet! And such pretty flowers! They brightened my day!
I got hugged from people who aren't huggers, the first grade team did a luncheon in my honor, and my friends came by to check on me all day. I actually was ok through all of those things.
George, however, brought me a card that brings me to tears each time I read it. Yeah, I was good till the George card!

I called and checked on her twice, not bad for a worried mommy I would say. Ms. Myrtle was smart enough to send a note to the office to let me know how Lil was doing. She seemed to be doing just fine.
I counted down the time till I could go pick her up and almost ran in the building to her room!
I couldn't wait to see her little face!

And there she was just napping away!
She had had such a busy day I guess.

I tried to ask her about her day but she didn't say much...

2 comments:

  1. So glad horrible Day One is behind you. Day Two should be better, and Day Three even easier. Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't just like those daughters to have wonderful days and we worry ourselves sick?? I am sure we never did that to our mothers!!

    Glad you both got through Day 1 - hope today was easier for you!

    ReplyDelete