Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Update

Wow! Has it been since Saturday that we posted anything? I guess things have been pretty busy around here!


Saturday, Billy started making a batch of wine in the kitchen. (better than doing that in the bathtub right?). The next few days, I was wondering why our entire house smelled like dirty diaper. I mean, I can understand the baby room smelling like that, but the entire house? I was lighting candles and spraying air freshener and looking for any stray missing dirty diapers. Come to find out, wine that is "brewing" smells exactly like dirty diaper. Yep. Gross.
Doesn't make me want to drink it later.

Monday, we had a great visit from Docia. She actually took us out to lunch and we got to visit and talk. She taught me a new way to burp the Lils since she is so hard to burp! We had a nice time.




My friend Allison, who has a darling little girl named Hailey, who is just over a month older than Lils, took a trip with her daughter to Oklahoma to visit the family. I told her she was either brave or crazy, or both to do that! But then, I got to thinking. I really need/wanted some new school clothes, so I decided to try out a trip. Granted, it isn't a three hour trip to OKC, but it is still a trip that required some planning.
We drove yesterday to Allen to the Outlet mall there. Lils was soo good. She was such a trooper since she had to sit in that hot car seat for so long. She really was great. I was really proud of her and of myself for being able to handle things so far away from home. That is a big step for me! So I got to do some shopping, and Lils got to do some people watching and by the end of the day, she was worn out! So was I for that matter!

Tuesday evening, we decided to go to small group at church for the first time in a long time. It was so nice to get to see my friends and to talk about church stuff going on. I love that little group so much and have really missed them. They all loved on Lil and played with her and talked to her. It just amazes me to know how many people love this little girl. I hope she feels that love for the rest of her life!

Today is Wednesday. My maternity leave is flying by! We are hanging out this morning, relaxing and awaiting the arrival of Lilly's Nana and Grandpa. They should be here to love her and spoil her later this afternoon. Till then, we nap and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment