Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween is over. So is the newborn phase... sad

yep. Monday when we got dressed for school, we were both sad to know that Halloween was over and she wouldn't be wearing any more Halloween goodness. It has certainly become a topic of conversation at school. The last few weeks, I would come in and hear from random teachers in the school, "so, what Halloween outfit is Lilly wearing today?" Yeah, I guess people thought we were a little crazy!

So now that she is wearing real clothes again (or should I say regular clothes?), I have been looking for just the right outfit for each day for her. And we are realizing rather quickly that many of her newborn size outfits just don't fit anymore! I took out a bunch of them and put them in the back of the closet to save for donation. Ugh. She is now in 3 month size and I don't like it very much! She just is growing up too fast!

One good thing about her growing up, is that she is now talking. Well, babbling is more the word, but she is sure using her voice quite a bit. I sing songs to her and recite poetry to her and she "talks" along with me. Very sweet. It is as if she has SOOO much to say and just can't quite get the words out.
The good thing is, when she talks, she looks pretty happy, so at least she wants to tell us good things.

I will post pictures/video of her talking very soon. (it has been a crazy busy week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment