Monday, November 23, 2009

Big Firsts (an update)

Well, so much has happened lately. So much!
Our little one has started teething. And that is NO fun at all. She actually hasn't cut teeth yet, but she has all the signs of it about to happen. The drool, the crankiness. It is all there!
I know it will only get worse when the teeth actually come. oh boy.

She has begun to roll from her back to her tummy and can scoot herself a few inches. Not actual crawling, but it is something. She used to HATE tummy time, but now is doing better with it. She can at least be on her tummy for more than a minute without freaking out.

We continue to be amazed by her every day. As Billy mentioned, she is getting so grown up!
The other day at daycare, Ms. Paula was taking care of another little girl. Much older than our little Lils. That baby took her pacifier out of her mouth, cried, and then put it back in. I mentioned to Ms. Paula that I would like Lilly to be able to do that... manipulate the pacifier like that. As soon as we got home and settled, I put a paci in her mouth and what did that child do? grab it by the handle and put it in and out of her mouth. It was as if all she needed was someone to model it for her and she was off and running.

We are just amazed at how smart she is!

We had some firsts recently. Billy and I decided to go see Rob Bell when he came for the Drops Like Stars Tour, so that would require a babysitter. Yikes! So her Nana and Grandpa came up to watch her for the evening. It took LOTS of convincing to get them to come. :) (I think as soon as we said, "we might need a ..." they said YES) It was the first time, other than daycare, I had been away from her for very long. But she was in good hands and B and I were able to have a nice quiet, non fussy dinner all alone. It was so refreshing.
And I think Nana and Grandpa had a great time too!

And speaking of Nana and Grandpa, we are headed there for Thanksgiving. It will be the first time the Lils will be away from home for more than a day. I, personally, am not looking forward to the packing that is going to be required for a little child like this. I am sure glad we aren't flying and have luggage restrictions! My family is just itching to meet Lilly and hang out with her. Plus I am placing bets as to who wins the wrestling match over who gets to hang out with her more between my cousin McKinsey and my dad. It will be a tough match!

So we are good. Busy and sleepy all the time, but good. Thanks for checking in on us. We love the fact that you love us so much that you want to learn about us. We are thankful for you, the Lilly Fanclub.

My dad has voted himself the president of the Lilly fanclub by the way. He will be collecting dues soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to be a card-carrying member of the club. Tell Grandpa to sign up Jordan and I!! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn and Jordan. You are officially on the list. :)

    ReplyDelete