Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Seussical Party!

What a fun party we had.  It was so great to see friends and family and for Lil to get to play with her friends.

Due to a lack of nap on Friday, Lil slept pretty late on Saturday morning, which was nice because then we could get last minute stuff done.  Since the party was brunch, it would begin at 9.  Why in the world did I think 9 was a good idea?  Note for next time, 10:00 is better! But I think I wanted it to not be so hot, so I made it at 9.
Oh well.  Anyway, as soon as Lil woke up, she ran in and saw all the balloons and decorations and said, "It is my birthday!" followed by, "It is so pretty in here!!!"  She was pretty excited.
She loved the blue balloons with white polka dots the best and demanded that I blow all of them up before I did any red or white ones.  Blue is her favorite color!

Nana and grandpa came over around 8 or so to help with set up and cooking and then the party began.
I will tell the rest through pictures...

 Lil helped get the pool ready for the fishing game.  One fish, two fish, let's all fish!
Never mind that they were fishing for ducks.  Whatever.
 Look, I caught a duck!

 A week before the party, Lil instated a no babies rule.  I have NO idea where that came from but she was holding to that rule.  I told her that we had invited several babies to which she replied, "I sent another message that said, "No babies!"  The babies we had invited were not going to be able to come, so we thought we were in the clear.  Then Sarah let us know that she wouldn't be going out of town after all.  So Lilly and I had to have a talk and amend her rule just a bit to include at least one baby.

 Today was the official first day of the 2012 Olympic games.  Saba and Dan decided they needed to keep up with Team USA by installing the Olympic Apps on their phones.
 Here is Pawpaw!  So happy he and Shirley could come to the party.  :) They drove from the lake to be with Lil.  Sad we didn't get a picture of Frances.  She wasn't feeling well and left early.
 Billy... telling some story. :)

 For some reason, Gail claimed that she had never before tasted Spinach salad.  So she had the chance this time.  Mom and I bring it all the time to gatherings.  Maybe she wasn't interested before.  either way, she loved it.

 Nana is amazing.  She made food for the party and help set up and keep things flowing. ;)

 Lil was really happy to have her friend Anetka at her party.  They played toys and had a good time.

 Oh the photo booth!  It was so fun!!!
Here are the rest of the pictures from the photo booth!


 Zayd and Lil
 Anteka


 Oh Owen.  You ARE the Cat in the Hat.  A little mischievous, and a lot of fun.
The Vlach family got into the act!
Miles, you are so funny.







Ginger and Miles... such good sports. 

Here is Lil with her cupcake.  I think it was the first time she actually attempted to blow out the candle. I had to help her, but she got the idea.

Lil gave hugs to all gift givers. :)


Lil and her new guitar.  Anetka borrowed her other guitar and thus a band was formed.



My thoughts exactly, Miles.  These kids are just too much! :)

In all, we had a great time and I think Lil really felt that she was being celebrated, which was what it was all about.

:)
Happy Birthday, my beautiful girl.  You are smart, funny, and just so darn stubborn. :) Stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment