Monday, January 18, 2010

Almost 6 months!

Have you been missing me??? Sorry my mom is such a slacker and doesn't update. I will talk to her about that!
Ok, Done. Happy now?


I can't believe that our little Lils will be 6 months old at the end of the month! In one way, it seems like forever since we have had her. In another way, it seems like only yesterday. Boy has our life changed in a short 5 1/2 months! We are just so blessed!

We went to a shower Saturday for a young girl who pretty much has nothing for her little baby boy. I was so sad about that. Lils had and has so much. We were so blessed to have so many generous people supply us with stuff early on. Knowing what it is like after you get home from the hospital, I made sure to get her the necessities. It is amazing the stuff that you need when you have a baby!

We also found out that our friend Allison is having a girl. :) So Lil's old clothes are going to Allison's baby. It was bittersweet getting them packed up to give to Allison. In one way, it was nice to get them out of the closet and so nice to know that they will be appreciated and used. In another way, it made me a little sad. I can remember when she was soooo little
and could fit into those teeny tiny little onsies. Now one wouldn't fit over her big leg. :)

But there is no stopping her growth now! She is a big girl!
She is eating cereal now, although she would rather not. (not so fond of oatmeal, just like her mommy) She likes apples, peas, and carrots in baby food form but the jury is still out on sweet potatoes. We think she liked them just fine, but not sure that they were happy once inside her tummy. I just know that feeding her baby food is VERY different from bottle feeding. This often requires post feeding bath excursions, as she often has peas all over herself and me. How does a baby get peas in her ears? OY! But she loves being a big girl, sitting in her big chair, and eating big food. She is still eyeballing Daddy's Snickers bars, but those will have to wait till WAY later!

Oh Come on! I have been good! I ate all my peas! Just one bit of Snickers bar? Please???


So that is the news from around Lilly's house. Nana has made some great sleep sacks for her, so we are really enjoying those. Thanks Nana for the cool stuff. I am still working on thank you notes from Christmas. Yeah, it isn't just the blog that I am slacking on. You should see my pile of laundry!
Hope you all are well and enjoying 2010! We sure are!




1 comment: